Frequently Asked Questions

How long is the process?

Even an experienced lawyer cannot predict how long it will be for a successful personal injury claim to begin payment to an injured party. It depends on the nature of the injury and how long your treatment regime is. Other factors which make the exact time frame uncertain include whether your medical records and other documents an insurance company requires are readily available. The amount of lost wages will depend on your treatment plan. Insurance companies have various policy guidelines which can make it difficult to determine when payment will be issued.

If you have never been through a personal injury case before, it is best to contact an experienced attorney to help you. There are many complex rules that must be followed, including statutes of limitations, when you decide to file a personal injury claim.

Can I get compensated for my injuries?

It depends on several factors. Many people think the adverse insurance company automatically pays upfront for injuries incurred by their insured party. However, you have to get treated before compensation is issued. You will have to submit a record of your medical costs, treatment plan expenses and other costs, including lost wages, that you are seeking reimbursement to the other party’s insurance company first.

It is important to discuss your case with a knowledgeable attorney who will listen to the facts of your case and provide answers to your complex legal questions.

What are other options for covering my medical costs?

If you are injured in a car accident, you may use your own insurance policy’s personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Maryland’s no-fault insurance law requires every driver to carry PIP, unless they waive the coverage. Fortunately, most drivers carry PIP. You can use this insurance to pay for a portion of medical treatment and lost income right away. Do not wait to seek medical care.

You may also seek treatment using your own health insurance. If your policy pays for your medical costs and you receive compensation through a settlement from the negligent individual’s insurance company, your health insurance may put a lien on your recovery amount to reimburse itself for the costs on your behalf.

Insurance policies can be difficult to understand. It is best to seek the help of an attorney to help you by reviewing your auto or health insurance policies. An experienced lawyer can help you understand what kind of coverage you can expect after an accident.

Call A Knowledgeable Attorney
For Answers To Your Complex Legal Questions

I am attorney Garry L. Wilcox, Jr., and my firm is primarily focused on helping injured clients in Harford County and throughout Maryland. I have more than 10 years of experience protecting the rights of those who are struggling with serious injuries or illnesses. At Law Office of Garry L. Wilcox, Jr., LLC, in Fallston, I provide honest feedback, personal attention and trusted legal representation.

To get answers to your complex legal questions and to discuss your rights in a personal injury claim, call my firm at 410-698-6482 or 866-959-3391 or email me. I work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay attorney fees unless I recover for you.

Contact Law Office Of Garry L. Wilcox, Jr., LLC Today

GET THE LEGAL HELP YOU NEEDSchedule A Free Consultation

I work on contingency basis, meaning you won’t pay me anything unless I am successful in obtaining compensation for you. To schedule an initial consultation, call my office at 410-698-6482 or 866-959-3391 or fill out an online contact form.


    Law Office of Garry L. Wilcox, Jr., LLC, represents clients in Harford County and communities throughout Maryland.

    © 2021 Law Office of Garry L. Wilcox, Jr., LLC. All Rights Reserved.